Holiday’s are for the sweater lovers

Stephanie Dayton, Opinions Editor

Winter is the season for hot chocolate, movie nights, roasting marshmallows over an open fire and SWEATERS! When I was younger I thought that sweaters were the most hideous things I’ve ever seen. My sister, Tiffany, started buying them during her freshman year. At first when I saw her wearing them I thought to myself, “How can someone ever want to wear those things?”

It wasn’t until this past summer that I turned to the dark side and starting liking sweaters. Tiffany was leaving for NAU and she had to leave a bunch of her clothes behind. About two months ago, I was going through the bins of her clothes and I found a few of her sweaters. I decided to take them home with me and try them on; I immediately fell in love with the thought of owning a bunch of sweaters.

The next day I was in second hour and my journal entry was “If you could break a world record what would pick?” My answer? Own the most sweaters. I started talking to my friends in the class and we talked about how funny it would be if I actually tried to break that record.

Well, I’m not going to break the record, but I am starting my own 25 Days of Sweaters collection, inspired by ABC Family does their 25 Days of Christmas. Every day for the month of December (up until the 25th) I will wear a different sweater.

I started collecting my sweaters at the beginning of November and I’m still trying to collect the last few. Walking around campus people ask me where I get my sweaters and every time I tell them Goodwill; they usually don’t believe me.

Sweaters just make people smile, laugh and warm them up. You can’t help but smile when you see a Christmas sweater, or frankly any kind of sweater. They bring joy to the season of winter, just like hot chocolate, movie nights and roasting marshmallows.