Zoom vs. Google Meets

October 30, 2020

Zoom

Artwork by Kayla Jaramillo

With online school being the new normal, logging into the virtual classes every day is becoming a part of the daily routine. There are two ways to attend virtual classes; google meets and zoom which have varying pros and cons. Students have also noticed these pros and cons and have developed and shared their own opinions about which one they like more.

Giana Garza

“I like Zoom better because it’s easier to use and I can see more of my classes,” said freshman Giana Garza.

Angel Vite

“In Zoom, there are more options than google meets and I feel like you have more control in Zoom,” sophomore Angel Vite said. “When you work on another thing for that class you can still see the teacher and students while doing your work. The flow feels better in Zoom.”

Maya Yates

“I prefer Zoom because it’s easier to turn on and off the mic,” junior Maya Yates said. “It also doesn’t take up the entire page so you can minimize it.”

Caleb Hoffman

“Zoom,” senior Caleb Hoffman said. “The better program can fit more people on the screen, has better bandwidth, takes less time, & runs smoother.”