College Night hosted in auditorium

Written by Kyle Kerns, Staff Writer

For juniors and seniors, college is coming up and it is time to start looking at schools. There are a few opportunities to get more information about colleges. Two of these events will be hosted at Corona and one will be hosted at the Phoenix Convention Center.

On Wednesday, October 25, Corona will host the University of California (UC) Night. UC Night will be held in the auditorium from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Attendees will be able to learn more about the University of California application process. They will also be able to learn about specialized programs and ask questions. UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UCLA, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC San Diego and UC Santa Cruz will be available to answer questions. Space is limited and RSVP is recommended as walk-in registration is not guaranteed.

In addition to UC Night, Corona is having representatives from several colleges visit to talk about their schools. On Oct. 23, Reed College, Baylor University, New Mexico State University, Colorado State and University of Oregon will be visiting the Guidance Office. On Oct. 24, Syracuse University, Seattle University, George Washington University and Emerson University will be visiting. No colleges are visiting on Oct. 25, but Corona is hosting University of California Night. On Oct. 26, Bradley University and St. Mary’s College will be here on campus. Finally, representatives from University of Hawaii Manoa will visit the Guidance Office on Oct. 27. On Nov. 1, Grand Canyon University will be on campus.

If you are interested in meeting with any of these representatives, go to Guidance Office for the times that each college will be on campus.