• School ends at 10:55 am on September 20

Things to Do: Jan. 13 to Jan. 15

Star Wars: The Music

The Phoenix Symphony brings Star Wars to the Symphony Hall this Friday. If you are not into school dances and Hoopcoming I would definitely recommend stopping by the Phoenix Symphony Hall. The symphony will be performing the popular “Main Theme,” “Imperial March” and the new music from Episode VII – The Force Awakens. Tickets are guaranteed to sell fast so get them as soon as possible. Their price ranges from $70 to $110.

Annie at the Mesa Arts Center

One of the worlds’ most known and loved musicals come back to the valley. In partnership with West Coast Entertainment and Mike Petite Presentations, Annie will be performed Jan. 13 and 14 at the Ikeda Theatre. Depending on your seating choice ticket price varies from $35 to $75 dollars. You will be sitting down and listening to the popular songs “It’s A Hard Knock Life” and the optimistic anthem “Tomorrow.”

Life in a Jar: The Play

At the Chandler Center for the Arts on Arizona Ave. you can follow the life of Irena Sadler. Sadler was a Polish Catholic woman who saved the lives Jewish children during the Holocaust. The play will be performed Jan. 12-13 and it is a free play, no charge. Also, the play is only an hour and 10 minutes long so it’ll be a very fast and easy cultural event to write about if you are in Humanities.

Desert Dance: The Story of Harriet Tubman

On Jan. 15 at 7 p.m., also at the Chandler Center for the Arts, Desert Dance will perform the Story of Harriet Tubman. The jazz vocalist Dennis Rowland who is known to be “energetic, creative, and unforgettable” will grace the stage the entire performance. This performance is filled with music, dance and dramatic scenes, which would be a great production that would not leave you underwhelmed. Tickets are $25 General, $20 Seniors, $15 Students and $13 Groups of 10 or more.