• School ends at 10:55 am on September 20

Corona band puts on joyous holiday concert

Nikki Dull, Staff Writer

On Dec. 13 Corona del Sol’s band and percussion performed together for a joint holiday performance directed by Scott Werner.

To start of the night, percussion performed the song “Hanukkah” and the stage was set up to match the holiday theme and also included captivating colorful lights that made the show even more enjoyable to watch.

Along with percussion, students played on the guitar performing songs like “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing” and “Jingle Bells,” which was my favorite. This performance was a highlight of the night because it added a different kind of sound to the performance.

After intermission, band performed with over 90 kids on stage and while there was lots going on onstage it was enjoyable to watch as they performed and how amazing they sounded all together.

My favorite part of the night was the performance of “The Nightmare before Christmas.” During this piece it was easy to see how much hard-work the band put into for preparing for the concert.

They also performed songs like “Good Tidings to All” and “Auld Lang Syne,” an old Scottish melody, arranged by Charles Wiley, which the audience sang along to.

To end off the night, all 225 members of band and percussion performed “Christmas in the Round” by Robert W. Smith together throughout the auditorium. This part of the performance was fun to watch because it was interesting to see all of the instruments having their own recognition during the song.

The band and percussion holiday concert was extremely intriguing with all the different performances and I’m excited for what the next concert has in store.