• Fall Break begins Oct. 9

Corona del Sol choir rings in the holiday spirit with annual concert

Nikki Dull and Nick Chambers

On Dec. 9 and 10, Corona del Sol choir performed its holiday concert directed by Greg Hebert with the help of student teacher Camille Hartley. The show was a huge success with wonderful performances from all the choirs.

To start off the night, A cappella sang “Betelehemu” arranged by Barrington Brooks which sparked the crowd’s interest and intrigued them for the rest of the night’s performance.

Men’s Chorus put together a well-choreographed performance of “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” with lots of movement on stage making it even more enjoyable to watch. They also performed “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” and “The First Chanukah Night” with solos by Chase Rickard and David Ozair.

Following Men’s Chorus was the talented Women’s Ensemble, which performed songs like “White Christmas” and “The Festival of Lights” to get the audience in the holiday spirit. Choreography was directed by Hartley.

Jaztecs was my favorite act of the night with its performance of songs including “Serenissima Una Noche” by Geronimo Gonzalez and my personal favorite “The Little Drummer Boy.” The whole time Jaztecs was performing, I was captivated by the showmanship on stage.

Encore sang “This Little Babe,” “Candlelight Song,” and “Go Where I Send Thee!” and included solos from Alyssa Hoffman, Elisa Magtoto, Naomi Finke and Abby Johnson, who all did an amazing job.

Intermission followed a performance by “Solstice”, a new music group this year, and performed songs “That’s What Christmas Means to Me” and “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” both arranged by Camille Hartley.

The concert ended with the piece of “Hallelujah Chorus”, which was beautifully performed by A cappella.

The Winter Choir Concert was yet a wonderful, festive production with lots of talented singers and I am excited to see their next show.