• School ends at 10:55 am on September 20

Fall Out Boy embarks on Wintertour show

Patricia Stoica, Staff Writer

Chicago-born band Fall Out Boy has embarked on another tour for its sixth studio album, American Beauty/American Psycho, released a little more than a year ago. The 22-date winter tour is cleverly called “Wintour.” The band kicked off Wintour on Feb. 25, and has been playing a 24-song setlist. Eight of those songs are tracks from AB/AP. Before the opening date, bassist Pete Wentz tweeted, “To this day even if we are rehearsing in an arena it still feels exactly the same as when we used to practice in Joe’s [guitarist Joe Trohman] parents attic to me [sic].”

Having seen the band live twice before, once in an amphitheater and the second at a festival, I’m pretty excited for this tour. Most recently, Fall Out Boy had only played a few songs from AB/AP, and it was something I had wished it’d done differently last time I saw them. And seeing as AB/AP only has 11 songs, the fact that the band is playing all but two of those is pretty exciting. On top of that, the tour also features PVRIS, an electropop/rock band I also really enjoy, who I’ve never seen live before. With a great lineup, it’s going to be an all around pretty exciting night for me and hundreds of other fans who will be attending the event.

Fall Out Boy is playing Wintour at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix on March 25, and will be joined by PVRIS and Awolnation. Tickets are still available at ticketmaster.com