Nine Aztec athletes sign National Letter of Intent

All+the+athletes+who+signed+Nov.+13+pose+for+the+camera.+There+were+nine+seniors+who+signed+their+National+Letters+of+Intent.+

Photo by Lauren Puffer

All the athletes who signed Nov. 13 pose for the camera. There were nine seniors who signed their National Letters of Intent.

Written by Jake Pyatt, Sports Editor

On Friday, Nov. 13, nine Corona del Sol student athletes signed their National Letter of Intent to their respective colleges.

Swimmer Karilyn Quon signed with St. Francis University in Pennsylvania. Quon led the girls swim team this season in many categories and was named girls swimmer of the year by the coaches.

Katelyn Stys signed with Philadelphia University to further her softball career. Stys has played all four years in high school on varsity as a pitcher, first basemen and second baseman.

Casey Betts and Elizabeth Snoddy committed to the University of Minnesota and William and Mary, respectively, for gymnastics.

Wrestler Ryan Farina signed with Cal Poly San Louis Obispo. Farina won the state championship last year in the 126 lb. weight division.

Ryan Novis signed with St. Mary’s California for baseball. Novis is listed as an outfielder for the varsity team.

Fellow baseball player Connor McCord signed his NLI with Western Oregon. McCord played first base and left-handed pitcher.

Lacrosse player Jakob Patterson committed to play next year at the University of Albany. The Great Danes went 16-3 last season and lost to Notre Dame in the NCAA playoffs.

Tyrell Henderson signed with Portland State to play basketball. Henderson is a 6-3 shooting guard who is entering his final year playing for the Aztecs.