• School ends at 10:55 am on September 20

“In the course of a lifetime, what does it matter?”

Lily Corona, Staff Writer

“In the course of a lifetime, what does it matter?” In every day life, we all have things that seem important now. But when stressing over things like, how your hair looks when your crush walks by, you should ask youself, “What does it matter in the course of a lifetime?” Will you remember it in five years? What about 10?

I’m not meaning to imply that these things aren’t of any importance because to many teenagers, it could mean the world. But when thinking about your hair, ask how important your grades are. Do you check them often? Do you put forth an effort? You should. In the course of a lifetime your grades will matter.

“30 years from now, it won’t matter what shoes you wore, how your hair looked, or the jeans you bought. What will matter is what you learned and how you used it.” – Anonymous

Nowadays, we don’t think about what’s really important. I can almost guarantee you that senior year, you won’t remember that cute boy in math class who let you borrow his pencil. Look at the big picture. In your life, you will graduate from high school in order to get a job. You will have a family that will be supported by your job. Everything you will do in your lifetime, will be based on the fact that you attended school.

In the course of a lifetime, your diploma will matter. The things you learn will matter. These things practically form who you are. I can’t fathom why our generation’s priorities are the way they are. But I guarantee you that being happier later in life because you paid attention in high school is much better than being happy in high school because you were living your life “stress free” Please, I beg you, pay attention in school. Learn as much as you can. We’ll all have to live together because we are the next generation, and things will be much easier if we all agree on what our priorities are.