The ghost of Gretchen

The ghost of Gretchen

Alisa Rodriquez, Opinions Editor
February 27, 2014
Filed under Top Stories

On March 20, 1981, a Corona del Sol groundskeeper found Gretchen White, a 23-year old Arizona State University senior, dead in the parking lot. She was strangled, raped and run over by her own car. Even 32 years after her death, her murderer has never been found. Three decades have passed. You would... Read More »

Things to do during Winter Break

Alisa Rodriquez, Opinions Editor
December 19, 2013
Filed under Features

Brace yourselves- winter break is coming. The stress from finals has passed, and the reward is two weeks of sleeping in. But sometimes, people don’t know what to do. So here are some ideas to fill up your two weeks with fun.   Flagstaff- If you want snow, but don’t... Read More »

Sol Buddies Halloween

Alisa Rodriquez, Opinions Editor
November 13, 2013
Filed under Features

On Oct. 31, Sol Buddies held their annual Halloween party. It was held at a Sol Buddies member’s house from 9:30 to 1 p.m. and went well. “It was a huge success,” club sponsor Jayelee Dorris said. “We had about 335 students in the district. Everyone dressed up and had a blast.” This year’s... Read More »

One Direction- Who is the best band member?

Alisa Rodriquez, Staff Writer
April 2, 2013
Filed under Opinions

Girls hear the name One Direction and go crazy. These five attractive, British-speaking guys make the ladies go insane, drooling all over them. But which one has them drooling the most? There’s the cutie with the hair, Harry Styles. He’s the most known of the band and he easily woos... Read More »

Cute ways to ask girls out to Prom

Alisa Rodriquez, Staff Writer
March 25, 2013
Filed under Features

Here comes the moment of truth: will they say yes or no? Almost everyone who has asked their crush out has asked themselves that question. There’s always that pressure to ask that special person in the cutest way possible. Sadies has passed and Prom is coming on the fourth of May. It’s never to... Read More »

Coke vs. Pepsi

Alisa Rodriquez, Staff Writer
February 27, 2013
Filed under Opinions

Coke and Pepsi products are everywhere. The question is, though, which one is better? The logo of Pepsi is one of the world’s most recongnized in the food and beverage industry, having brands such has Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Quaker, and Tropicana. And then there’s its rival, Coca Cola. Coke... Read More »

The most dangerous game- Soccer vs. Football

Alisa Rodriquez, Staff Writer
December 4, 2012
Filed under Opinions

Anyone who watches or plays any sports knows there is an undeniable fact: there is danger involved. Each sport has its risks and athletes can suffer a scraped knee to a broken arm. But what sport is the most dangerous? Football or soccer? First off, they are both different type of games. Soccer is... Read More »

Michael Phelps vs. Ryan Lochte

Alisa Rodriquez, Staff Writer
September 10, 2012
Filed under Opinions

Ok, throughout the whole London Olympics, people argued about the issue of Michael Phelps vs. Ryan Lochte. I’m here to set people straight. The winner is obviously Michael Phelps. Just look at him. He’s gorgeous! You could get lost in those beautiful eyes of his! For real, it’s the truth. I can’t... Read More »

Corona Biology teacher goes on underwater expedition

Alisa Rodriquez, staff writer
May 11, 2012
Filed under Features

On March 25, biology teacher Mike Trimble joined the expedition to Navassa Island in the Caribbean. Trimble’s job was to complete coral reef assessments and update observations on corals, fish, and coral environment along with the research... Read More »